Since 1992, UPEI的护理学士学位课程培养了一个互动的学术环境，使护理学生成为批判性反思的从业者, advocates, educators, and professional leaders grounded in the principles of primary health care.
护理学院的课程以初级保健的概念和原则为基础. 世界卫生组织(1978年)将初级卫生保健定义为“社区内的个人和家庭通过他们可接受的方式普遍获得的基本卫生保健, through their full participation and at a cost that the community and country can afford.“该方案的目的是培养护士根据初级卫生保健的概念和原则进行实践.
In keeping with the basis of Primary Health Care, nurses collaborate with clients, other health care providers, and people from other sectors of society in promoting health. 护理的角色从直接照顾者到健康公共政策的制定者，包括倡导者, leader, educator, researcher, and program developer.
Meet Mitchell Bingley, Bachelor of Science in Nursing program graduate, Class of 2022
After graduating in 2022, Mitchell plans to write his RN exam, and hopes to work in mental health and addictions.
Need more information about Bachelor of Science in Nursing?
- BIO 1060 -卫生科学微生物学入门(见非护理课程要求#1)
- BIO 1210 – Human Anatomy (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #2)
- BIO 1220 – Human Physiology (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #3)
- NURS 1010 – Foundations of Nursing I
- NURS 1020 – Foundations of Nursing II
- FN 1020 – Nutrition for Nursing Practice (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #4)
- PSY 1010 – Introduction to Psychology I (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #5)
- PSY 1020 – Introduction to Psychology II (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #6)
- One of UPEI 1010 – Writing Studies, UPEI 1020 – Inquiry Studies, or UPEI 1030 – University Studies (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #7)
- PSY 2010 – Developmental Psychology (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #8)
- NURS 2120 – Pathophysiology for Nursing Students
- NURS 2030 – Health Assessment
- NURS 2130 – Nursing of Young Families
- NURS 2230 – Adult Nursing Transitions in Health
- NURS 2320 – Introductory Pharmacology
- 概论统计-通常由STAT 1210 -概论统计或PSY 2710 -行为科学统计I完成(见下面#9的非护理课程要求)
- Electives (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #10)
- NURS 3030 – Issues in Nursing and Health Care
- NURS 3040 – Nursing Research Methods
- NURS 3050 – Health Teaching
- NURS 3060 – Nursing of the Childbearing Family
- NURS 3130 – Developing Partnerships with Clients in the Community
- NURS 3230 – Partnerships with Clients and Families Living with Chronic Illness
- Electives (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #11 and #12)
- NURS 3100 - Integrated Clinical Experience I
- NURS 4010 - Nursing and Population Health
- NURS 4020 - Integrated Clinical Experience II
- NURS 4030 - Nursing Leadership and Primary Health Care
- NURS 4040 - Conceptual Models and Nursing Theories
- Electives (see Non-Nursing Course Requirements below #13)
Non-Nursing Course Requirements
3)只有已经成功完成BIO 4010的学生才可以免除BIO 1220的学分要求. For course descriptions of BIO 1060, BIO 1210 and BIO 1220, see Biology.
4)只有在2017年第一届夏季课程之前已经成功完成FN 1010或FN 2120课程的学生，才可以免除fn1020的学分要求. From the 2017 first summer session to date, fn1020课程所要求的学分将只对已经成功完成课程的学生免除
FN 3520. For course description for FN 1020, see Applied Human Sciences.
5,6,8)关于PSY 1010, PSY 1020和PSY 2010的课程描述见心理系. 只有已经成功完成FSC 2410课程的学生才能免除PSY 2010的学分要求.
7)关于UPEI 1010、UPEI 1020和UPEI 1030的课程描述，请参见UPEI第一年经验
9) For course description of STAT 1210, see Mathematical and Computational Sciences and for course description for PSY 2710, see Psychology.
10, 11, 12, 13) Four free electives
- NURS 4010 will normally meet the UPEI Writing Intensive degree requirement. Please see Writing Intensive Courses.
- 没有被护理学学士学位课程录取的学生，希望提高他们在护理学入学英语要求中的分数，以便将来申请, only UPEI 1010, UPEI 1020或英语系指定/提供的任何课程都符合要求.
- As per Academic Regulation 1h, all undergraduate degree programs require successful completion of IKE-1040 (new for students beginning or returning after re-application in Fall 2022); one of UPEI-1010, UPEI-1020, or UPEI-1030, and a Writing Intensive Course.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) is a four-year program. Graduates are eligible to write licensure examinations to practice nursing, and to hold membership in the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island.
High School Applicant
高中申请人必须在以下每一门学术课程中取得至少65%的成绩:英语, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and one other grade 12 academic course, with an overall average in these courses of at least 70%.
正在就读或已就读大学的申请人必须符合上述相同的要求，但也可以通过攻读学位课程来完成课程要求. A minimum mark of 60% is required in degree level courses.
In addition to the general admission requirements for mature students, 以下规定适用:一个成熟年龄的学生可以被录取到护理学院，而不满足高中毕业生指定的所有入学要求. A mature applicant must have achieved a mark of 65% in each of Grade 12 academic English, Mathematics, Chemistry, 生物或在大学水平的同一学科3个学时内取得60%的成绩.
CASPer Test Requirement (worth 30% of overall admission score)
UPEI护理学学士(BScN)课程的所有申请人都必须完成CASPer评估(CASPer测试), in addition to meeting academic requirements. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility.
CASPer是一种在线测试，用于评估非认知技能和人际关系特征，这对护理专业的成功学生和毕业生很重要. In implementing CASPer, we are trying to further enhance fairness and objectivity in our admission selection process.
Please note that the CASPer test can only be written once within an admission cycle. Multiple test attempts are not permitted. Additionally, CASPer test results are only valid for one admission cycle. Applicants who have already taken the test in previous years must re-take it.
View UPEI CASPer test dates and learn more about CASPer
Please direct any inquiries on the CASPer test to Altus, the test provider.
Approximately seventy (70) seats are available in the four-year Nursing program each year. All students who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. Priority will be given to applicants who are residents of PEI. 符合条件的一年级考生在生物、化学、英语和数学方面的平均排名. 完成上述一门或多门核心课程的大学申请人，每门大学课程的分数将增加15%，用于排名. University applicants must be in good academic standing, as defined in the UPEI calendar.
Offers to the highest ranked may take place at any time during the process. For applicants completing prerequisite requirements, offers will take place after first semester grades have been received. All first round offers will be made by April. 第二轮录取将在5月进行，录取人数取决于第一轮的录取人数. Finally, a third round of offers is made in July for any seats that are still available. 如果有座位，晚些时候提供的座位将被提供给排名最高的候补.
Please refer to the UPEI Academic Calendar for complete admissions information.
$6,570 per year, based on 15 credit hours ($657 per 3 credit course).
International students pay $7,704 per year in addition to full-time student tuition.
For a complete breakdown of part-time or full-time study as a student in the Faculty of Arts, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
Scholarships and Awards
UPEI supports you and your educational goals. 我们每年为本科生和研究生提供数百万美元的奖学金和奖励. 根据你的学院或课程和学习年份，你可能有资格获得现有的奖励.
Search the complete list of scholarships for information and application forms.
Celebrating Student Achievement
Including Guaranteed Entrance Scholarships and Academic Excellence Awards, 这些奖项认可所有在攻读第一个本科学位期间符合资格标准的学生的学术成就.
Visit the Scholarships site for complete information.
UPEI has about 250 faculty—exceptional scholars, teachers, and mentors, with more being hired each year as we open new, progressive, and unique programs. But the story isn’t just in the numbers. It’s in the quality of our people. Award-winning faculty from around the globe have made UPEI home. Here, 你将在小班直接从这些世界级的教授和研究人员那里学习，在那里你将很容易接触到他们.